Cape Cod Hospital Volunteering
Make a difference in the lives of our patients.
Like the original group of concerned citizens who began our community hospital in 1919, our volunteers continue a tradition that binds us together as a family. In addition to the sense of accomplishment and personal gratification that volunteering at Cape Cod Hospital provides, there is also the opportunity to learn new skills, meet new people, contribute to the community, and to learn about current healthcare issues.
The Volunteer department is dedicated to providing the highest quality of service and support. We respect the dignity, individuality, and diversity of our patients, visitors, and colleagues. We are committed to providing compassionate, well-trained volunteers who offer quality assistance and exceptional customer service.
The following are the requirements needed for volunteering:
- Applicants must be at least 15 years old at time of application
- Able to commit to volunteer a minimum of 4 hours a week according to an assigned schedule (minimum 8 hours a week for summer/student volunteers)
- Request an application, complete it and follow the instructions to return the completed application to Volunteer Services for review and follow-up
During the interview process, full details and further instructions will be provided on how to complete the following health and safety requirements necessary to volunteer.
- (2) Tuberculosis skin tests administered by our Employee Health Office
- CCHC’s Physician’s Health Clearance form signed by your physician that you are able to perform the assigned duties
- Background check (CORI)
- Attendance at day-long Orientation Class
Volunteer Opportunities for Adult, Year-Round Volunteers
Volunteer assignments are based upon the volunteer positions we currently have open within the hospital and the volunteer’s ability to perform the duties required. Many volunteer assignments require an additional interview by department management before your placement is confirmed.
Depending upon availability at the time of application, we have volunteers assigned to the following areas/departments:
- Patient Transport
- Pastoral Care
- Out-Patient Registration
- Emergency Center
- Breast Care Center (Cuda Women’s Imaging Center, Hyannis)
- Cancer Resource Center
- Information Desk
- CVPA Reception Desk