Comprehensive Plastic Reconstructive Surgery Services, Close to Home
The decision to have cosmetic or reconstructive surgery is a very personal one. Our board-certified plastic surgeons and a team of skilled professionals have extensive training and experience in this specialty, and are backed by the full resources of Cape Cod Healthcare, including:
- Advanced surgery and recovery suites
- Anesthesiology administered by physicians and certified nurses
- A team of clinical specialists dedicated to a patient’s care
- Private hospital rooms with restful views, room service and in-room sleeping areas for family
Reconstructive Surgery for Breast Cancer
Our specialists have extensive experience performing breast reconstruction and other reconstructive procedures following breast cancer surgery, and collaborate closely with our breast surgeons to achieve a patient’s desired outcome. Surgical techniques include:
- Implant-based reconstruction
- Tissue-based reconstruction
- Nipple reconstruction
- Procedures to achieve breast symmetry due to breast cancer surgery or radiation
Other Types of Reconstructive Surgery
Reconstructive surgery is also used to correct birth defects or developmental abnormalities and to repair form and function after accidents, burns, wounds, infection or disease. The latest in plastic surgery advances mean minimal scarring at the surgical site. Plastic surgery is also one of the specialties that completes hand surgery.
The hand is a complex network of muscles and tendons that need specialized care. Minimally invasive endoscopic techniques are used instead of traditional surgery for many hand surgeries, such as surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome.
Surgery for Skin Cancer
We work with patients with skin cancer to remove the cancerous cells and restore appearance with surgical skin cancer treatment. This includes collaboration with specialists who perform Mohs micrographic surgery, an advanced approach to removing skin cancer that minimizes soft tissue defect and allows for future reconstruction.
Cosmetic and Aesthetic Surgery
Our expertise encompasses elective procedures such as:
- Breast enlargement and reduction
- Body contouring (often following significant weight loss or bariatric surgery)
- Tummy tucks
- Face lifts and injections
- Brow lifts
- Nose reshaping
When possible, cosmetic procedures are done using minimally invasive techniques, resulting in smaller incisions, less pain and a faster recovery.
Please contact practices directly for specific services and treatments offered and insurances accepted. For more information, please see capecodhealth.org/plastic-surgery.