Comprehensive Family-Centered Birth Care, Close to Home
Our obstetricians, midwives and nurses will partner with you to accommodate and support the style of delivery you choose, with different options available for labor and birth, anesthesia, breastfeeding and more. When you choose The Family Birthplace at Cape Cod Hospital you have a full support team here for you:
- An experienced obstetrical laborist on-site 24/7 focused on the care of women in labor and delivery of babies, enhancing patient safety and outcomes for mothers and babies. Our dedicated team of OB/GYNs shares laborist coverage and is supplemented by a skilled team of certified nurse-midwives.
- Partnerships with Premier Ultrasound and Boston Maternal Fetal Medicine for specialized high-risk pregnancy care.
- A dedicated team of on-site pediatric hospitalists from Boston Children's Hospital available 24/7 should your baby need medical care during labor and delivery or while in the nursery. Through Cape Cod Hospital's clinical collaboration with Boston Children’s, patients have access to high quality, integrated pediatric care, services and resources from the top pediatric hospital in the country.
- A wide offering of childbirth education and infant care classes.
- The Family Birthplace App, with essential tools and information for pregnancy through baby's first year, whenever you need them.
- Breastfeeding support during your maternity stay and after.
- Postpartum screening and access to a licensed social worker on staff.
- For expectant mothers seeking substance abuse disorder support during pregnancy, Cape Cod Healthcare is committed to providing specialized and safe care for mothers needing addiction support and for infants affected by Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome.
An Environment that Supports Parent-Baby Bonding
Family-centered care is provided in spacious and private labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum (LDRP) suites designed with comfort and safety in mind. Our welcoming birth suites include:
- Private bathroom with shower
- Recliner and rocking chair
- In-room sleeping area for your partner
- Cable TV
- Security measures, including a locked maternity unit and baby tagging alert system to ensure your baby’s safety
You and your baby room together throughout your stay, and your partner is also encouraged to stay and join in learning how to care for your new baby. Advantages of family-centered care include:
- An environment that supports parent-baby bonding
- Hands-on educational opportunities caring for your new baby
- Earlier establishment of feeding and sleeping routines
- Greater opportunity for breastfeeding success
- Close, consistent communication with nurses dedicated to you and your baby