Comprehensive Breast Care, Close to Home
Maintaining your breast health requires a specialized approach to care including routine screening, breast cancer prevention education, risk assessment and genetic counseling, diagnosis, and if needed, treatment and care coordination.
Our Breast Care services at Cape Cod Healthcare partner you with expert physicians and dedicated clinical care teams to help navigate this process, utilizing the latest in technology and diagnostic expertise.
Nationally Accredited, State-of-the-Art Breast Centers
At Cuda Women’s Center in Hyannis and Seifer Women’s Health and Imaging Center in Falmouth, we offer access to the latest technology and a dedicated team of breast care experts. Both centers are accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), having met rigorous standards and review. The mammography and ultrasound departments for each center are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR), and Cuda Women’s health Center is also a Designated ACR Breast Center of Excellence.
Our modern centers provide a serene and comfortable environment for routine screening and diagnostic testing, including:
- MRI-guided biopsies
- Hereditary and familial risk assessment
- Genetic counseling and testing
- High-Risk Hereditary Cancer Program
- Breast cancer support groups
- Bone density testing
3D Mammography and Bone Density testing is also offered at Fontaine Outpatient Center in Harwich.
Specialized Breast Care Experts
As part of our full team of radiologists, we have a unique group of physicians who specialize in breast imaging and related procedures, including two fellowship-trained radiologist-breast specialists. Dedicated breast patient navigators, mammography technicians, and administrative staff complete a patient’s circle of care at our Women’s Health Centers.
High-Risk Hereditary Cancer Program
Our comprehensive breast care services include a specialized program to identify and monitor patients at high-risk for developing breast cancer and other types of cancer, beginning with several ways to screen for hereditary and familial risk. Learn more about our High-Risk Hereditary Cancer Program, including risk screening and genetic testing, offered through our Women’s Health Centers.
Cape Cod Women’s Cancer Prevention and Early Detection Fund
This special fund assists with covering the cost of screening not covered by health insurance, including:
- 3D Mammography
- FAST Breast MRI
- Genetic testing
For more information, please call (508) 957-1623.
Advanced Care for Breast Cancer
Should a diagnosis confirm the presence of breast cancer, you have access to a comprehensive and collaborative team of exceptional cancer experts, including skilled surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists, breast patient navigators and support staff, as well as services like nutrition, our High-Risk Hereditary Cancer Program and support and survivorship services.
Additional resources and support are available through these sources:
- Information on screening mammography guidelines, as recommended by the American College of Radiology.
- American Cancer Society for detailed information about prevention, diagnosis, treatment, support and survivorship, including resources on breast cancer in men.
- Wellness Wise, Cape Cod Healthcare’s website resource for sustained well-being.
- Cape Wellness Collaborative, a local resource offering free-of-charge integrative wellness therapies for people facing cancer.
- Breast cancer support groups offer a nurturing environment focused on emotional coping and healing, throughout any journey stage.
- For support available through Cuda Women’s Health Center in Hyannis, contact Pat Ryan-Blanchard, NP at 508-957-1619
- For support available through Seifer Women's Health & Imaging Center in Falmouth, contact Kathy Murray, RN, CN-BN at 508-457-3780