When you need to be seen quickly for a minor illness or injury, Cape Cod Healthcare’s Urgent Care centers offer you an efficient and cost-effective option for your treatment. We are safe, ready and here for you, with COVID-19 safety protocols in place to protect our patients and staff.
Our five Urgent Care centers are located across Cape Cod in:
ER providers. Urgent Care convenience.
Our Urgent Care centers are staffed by board-certified, emergency room providers and nurses from Cape Cod Hospital and Falmouth Hospital, delivering the highest quality of adult and pediatric care. Because of their expertise and efficiency in triaging and treating a wide range of minor conditions and injuries, 95% of patients head home in under an hour.
Additional advantages of seeking treatment at Cape Cod Healthcare Urgent Care:
- Cape-wide convenience, with locations in Hyannis, Falmouth, Harwich, Osterville and Sandwich.
- No appointment or referral is needed.
- Urgent Care services are available 7 days a week, including select evening hours.
- Accurate online wait times for each location
- Safe triage protocol upon arrival, including a temperature check and mask distribution for all patients who do not bring their own.
- Most health insurances are accepted.
- For your convenience, X-ray is available on-site and we can administer IV medications and fluids.
- Your visit will be promptly communicated to your primary care provider within Cape Cod Healthcare for continuity of your care.
When to seek urgent care
You can safely access our convenient urgent care for a wide variety of minor injuries and illnesses including:
- Tick, insect and animal bites
- Sprains and fractures
- Eye complaints
- Urinary tract infections
- Lacerations and wound care
- Rashes and poison ivy
- Sinus infections
- Nausea, vomiting and diarrhea
- Fever and body aches
- And many other common health issues
Knowing where to go for medical attention ensures that you receive the most appropriate and timely care. For detailed guidance on the best option for you, please see Urgent Care or Emergency Care?
COVID-19 rapid testing for travel…or just peace of mind
Walk-in rapid testing for COVID-19 is available without an appointment at all of our Urgent Care centers, with results provided in 15 minutes. This test is conducted using the Abbott ID Now molecular test, which is also a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT). Rapid testing at urgent care is an option if you are seeking testing for travel or to monitor your health and if you are not symptomatic or have had known exposure to a person confirmed positive for COVID-19. Please visit our COVID-19 Testing page for more details.
Communication with your primary care physician
For the continuity of your care, it’s important that your primary care physician (PCP) is kept in the loop if you do need to seek urgent care. A visit to our Urgent Care is promptly communicated if your PCP is with Cape Cod Healthcare, for additional follow up that may be needed. Your urgent care visit summary and more are also available to you through MyChart, Cape Cod Healthcare’s patient portal. Sign up for MyChart today.