Nothing is more important to us than your health and safety of our patients, especially in times like these. As we adapt to the ever-changing situation due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we wish to reinforce that we are here for you. We have always valued the trust you place in us. In turn, our skilled physicians and their care teams continue to bring their committed delivery of the highest quality care to you in additional ways now through virtual telemedicine visits for primary care and specialty care.
A virtual medical appointment utilizes communications technologies, such as a smart phone, tablet or computer, to provide health care from a distance. During these challenging times, social distancing has made the need for face-to-face connection even more important. Like other relationships in our lives, the doctor-patient relationship contributes to our social and emotional well-being. In this age of faceless communication like email, text, and social media, we sacrifice key things like non-verbal cues and a personal touch. Video visits allow healthcare providers to deliver quality care in the privacy of your own home while connecting with you in a meaningful way.
Benefits of a Telemedicine Visit
- A safe and secure visit that complies with all federal HIPAA and state privacy regulations
- Face-to-face time that allows your physician to see your skin tone, look into your eyes and observe your overall body language as you discuss your health needs
- Convenient access to you physician without leaving you house – avoiding travel and sitting in a waiting room
- Clear instructions on how to setup and begin your visit
- Dedicated time to ask your physician questions, discuss concerns and receive medical direction
- Appropriate way to manage on-going health condition, such as diabetes or high blood pressure, or address new health concerns, including COVID-19 symptom evaluation. It is not for emergencies like heart attacks, lacerations or broken bones
Are regular office appointments also available in addition to telemedicine visits?
A virtual telemedicine appointment is an option to ensure you continue to receive the care you need while helping you stay safe, stay healthy, and stay home. However, you can also be seen in your doctor’s office for a traditional appointment. We have implemented safety protocols to protect our patients and staff during a visit to one of our offices.
Your physician will help determine what type of appointment is right for you, as well as provide you with the exact steps for access if a virtual appointment is made.