Speech, Language & Swallow Therapy
Speech, Language and Swallow Therapy treats your difficulty with speech, social communication and language processing, as well as swallowing difficulties which may follow surgery, stroke or injury.
Speech and Language therapists specialize in the mechanics of speaking, as well as the cognitive processing of language. These therapists can also assist in swallowing issues that can develop as a result of stroke or Parkinson’s Disease.
Expert therapists evaluate and develop personalized treatment plans to address the following:
- Difficulty producing speech sounds correctly or fluently, including stuttering or problems with voice
- Difficulty understanding others or expressing thoughts to others via language
- Challenges with the social use of verbal and nonverbal communication
- Cognitive-communication challenges: organizing thoughts, paying attention, remembering, planning, and/or problem-solving
- Swallowing disorders (dysphagia)
Services are offered in both Hyannis and Falmouth and the Falmouth program provides LSVT, Lee Wilverman Voice Therapy, designed to aid patients with Parkinson's Disease. At-home Speech, Language and Swallow Therapy is also provided through the VNA of Cape Cod.