Hand Therapy improves the mobility, strength and function of this complex appendage, which contains more than 20 tendons and three main nerves that work together. Our hand therapists are expert at evaluating and developing personalized treatment plans focusing on orthopedic, wrist and elbow conditions, as well as rehabilitation after hand surgery. Their goal is to restore your hand function.
- Wounds, lacerations, burns, infections and scars
- Injured tendons and nerves
- Bone fractures or reconstruction, unstable joints, ligament sprains and muscle strains
- Repetitive stress syndromes, including carpal tunnel
- Arthritis and other rheumatologic conditions
Using individualized exercise programs, wound care, dynamic splints for protection and prevention of injuries and education in adaptive methods of movement, hand therapy offers you treatments to improve function and movement.