Pediatricians are experienced in the physical, emotional and social development of children. They are trained to:
- Monitor and support your child’s healthy development
- Help prevent illness and injuries through guidance, health screening and immunizations
- Recognize symptoms in newborns and young children that may be different from those in adults
- Diagnose and treat medical conditions
- Make referrals to more specialized care when needed
- Help you create a healthy environment and make informed decisions for your children
Your pediatric care team: primary care experts for babies, children and teens
At Cape Cod Healthcare, you can choose from a number of skilled professionals — including physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants — dedicated to keeping children healthy and well. They’ll support you through every stage of your child’s development, from infancy through adolescence.
In addition to Cape Cod Healthcare’s Seaside Pediatrics, there are several group pediatric practices across the Cape affiliated with our network to select from.
Pediatric services include:
- Routine checkups and well-child visits
- Immunizations, including flu shots
- School, sports and camp physicals
- Hearing and vision screening
- Diagnosis and treatment of illness and injuries
Access to Pediatric Hospitalist Care, 24/7
Cape Cod Hospital is staffed with three pediatric hospitalists from Tufts Floating Hospital. Access to dedicated in-house pediatric coverage, 24/7, is a resource for our community.
In addition to being present at high-risk deliveries and stabilizing NICU infants before transport, our pediatric hospitalists also evaluate pediatric patients in the ER and monitor children who are admitted.
If it’s the middle of the night and you have a concern about your child’s health, our pediatric hospitalists are available as a resource for parental questions after the hours of pediatrician and urgent care offices. They cover the spectrum of pediatric primary care through coordinating ICU-level care, and have enhanced access to pediatric specialists within the Boston Tufts network.