Pregnancy, Birth & Parenting Classes
The Family Birthplace at Cape Cod Hospital offers a wide range of classes, events and support groups that will help you, your birth partner and even siblings-to-be prepare for childbirth and your new baby.
Topics covered include:
- 3rd trimester pregnancy changes
- A tour of The Family Birthplace
- The birth process
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- Labor and delivery, including options available
- Postpartum care and going home
- Newborn care, including feeding, bathing, diapering and more
- Social support for new mothers and fathers
- Portuguese and Spanish classes and support also available
During your 6th month of pregnancy, we highly recommend registering online for one of our childbirth education classes.
Additionally, an “Early Bird Prenatal Workshop” is offered at Cape Cod Hospital for women 1-4 months pregnant, which covers topics such as fetal development, nutrition, and early concerns.