Pregnancy and Birth
Expert care throughout your pregnancy
Prenatal care is an important part of keeping you and your baby healthy during pregnancy, and includes regular check-ups and routine testing to monitor the development of your baby. At Cape Cod Healthcare, you have options for your prenatal care:
- Obstetrician/Gynecologists (OB/GYNs): board-certified physicians who specialize in pregnancy, childbirth and post-delivery care in addition to reproductive health
- Midwives: Certified Nurse Midwives (CNM) provide women-centered care throughout your pregnancy, labor, birth and beyond, with a nurturing and educational approach. Our skilled CNMs work closely with obstetricians should additional medical intervention become necessary. In-office pre-natal care is offered at Cape Cod Hospital OB/GYN and hospitalist midwifery is available at the Family Birthplace at Cape Cod Hospital and Falmouth Hospital.
Nurse practitioners and nurses complete your circle of prenatal care.
Childbirth and parenting education
Family Birthplace: a birth experience of your choice, close to home
Cape Cod Healthcare provides the highest level of care possible for parents and their babies. Our birth team partners with you to ensure a safe and rewarding birth experience for everyone involved. Family Birthplace at Cape Cod Hospital and Falmouth Hospital features:
- Family-centered care provided in spacious and private labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum (LDRP) suites. Designed with comfort and safety in mind, you and your baby stay together throughout your stay.
- Our obstetricians and midwives will work with you to accommodate and support any style of delivery you choose. Our goal is to help you have the birth experience you desire.
- Breastfeeding support during your maternity stay and beyond.
- Partnerships with Tufts Floating Children’s Hospital and other Boston hospitals for specialized high-risk pregnancy care and neonatal intensive care when needed.
- A dedicated team of pediatric hospitalists available 24/7 should your baby need medical care.
- Postpartum screening and access to a licensed social worker on staff.
- For expectant mothers seeking substance abuse disorder support during pregnancy, Cape Cod Healthcare is committed to providing specialized and safe care for mothers needing addiction support and for infants affected by Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome.