Cape Cod Healthcare Specialty Pharmacy
The Cape Cod Healthcare Specialty Pharmacy provides personalized care to you if you’re prescribed medications that require additional insurance approval or monitoring after prescription.
Our specialty pharmacy staff will work with your physician or medical provider to navigate insurance hurdles and to obtain any prior approvals needed to help you get your medication covered. We’ll also support you to ensure your medication is administered properly and according to your care plan.
- Navigating insurance billing and claims monitoring to obtain prior authorizations to get medications covered
- Dispensing a wide variety of specialty medications and limited distribution medications as therapy for many chronic and rare conditions
- Developing patient-specific care plans and proactively following-up with our patients to see how their treatment is going and to offer support
- Teaching patients about proper medication administration and adherence
Other Convenient Services
- Refill reminders, to ensure consistent medication
- Medication, by mail or delivery, at no charge to Specialty Pharmacy patients
- Convenient medication pick-up, if preferred, at one of our four pharmacy locations: Patients can pick up their medications at four different locations -- in the lobbies of Cape Cod Hospital and Falmouth Hospital
- Treatment plans tailored to patient-specific conditions
- Rapid transfer/referral services
- Individualized patient counseling
- Information on medication administration, storage, and disposal
Patient Co-pay Assistance Programs
The Cape Cod Healthcare Specialty Pharmacy provides medication consultation and education during regular business hours and on an on-call basis 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Patients and physicians can call 508-862-5905 for questions about their medication or to learn more about the Specialty Pharmacy.
Working with physicians, prescribers, insurance companies and patients, we are part of the Cape Cod Healthcare team ensuring you get exceptional care every day.