Total Joint Center
Are you living with joint pain?
The best reasons for choosing a joint replacement are to relieve chronic pain or improve how well your joints work.The Total Joint Center at Cape Cod Healthcare can help. Here you’ll find highly skilled, specialized joint care close to home. We’ll help you pinpoint the source of your pain, recommend a treatment plan and coordinate your care from diagnosis through rehabilitation, with access to all the resources of the Cape Cod Healthcare system. We’re committed to providing proven, safe, quality care to our patients from pre-op through recovery.
Joint care expertise
When you choose CCHC for joint care, you benefit from:
- Talented orthopedic surgeons trained at some of the best medical centers in the nation and are certified in their specialties by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery.
- A team of dedicated nurses and other orthopedic professionals working together to help you achieve the best possible outcome for your specific condition and needs.
- The latest surgical technology, resulting in smaller muscle-sparing incisions, less pain and faster recovery times.
- Our Total Joint Replacement Education and pre-operative education classes to help you and your family every step of the way.
- State-of-the-art orthopedic units with a healing environment and attractive private hospital rooms designed with your optimal recovery in mind.
- Individualized physical rehabilitation services for all ages, conditions and needs.
We offer joint replacement surgeries for:
Using minimally invasive techniques and the latest prosthetic implants, our surgeons help you achieve better, longer-lasting results with reduced recovery times for pain-free movement.
Total Joint Replacement Therapy
The Joint Camp concept at Cape Cod Healthcare is a comprehensive program intended to help you learn about your joint pain and explore ways to resolve it. The orthopedic teams at Cape Cod Hospital and Falmouth Hospital are here to walk you through the process to pain-free living.
Joint Pain Solutions
Participating in the Joint Camp allows you to:
- Learn about joint pain at one of our free Total Joint Center seminars given by our orthopedic doctors
- Understand osteoporosis, arthritis, bone-on-bone wear and other conditions that cause joint pain and loss of mobility
- Consult with an orthopedic surgeon to determine the best course of treatment for your specific condition
If you’re a candidate for joint replacement surgery, you’ll:
- Plan for surgery, recovery and rehabilitation by attending a Total Joint Pre-Operative Education class where you’ll receive a Pre-Op Patient Book with detailed expectation-setting information
- Receive help scheduling surgery and planning for discharge and post-op care
- Attend inpatient therapy classes following surgery
- Access rehabilitation services customized for your needs
At Cape Cod Hospital and Falmouth Hospital, you’ll find state-of-the-art orthopedic units with a unique healing environment designed to support and enhance your recovery.
- Nearby staff work stations and a separate lounge area for family members and visitors
- “At Your Service” room service from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm daily
- Free Wi-Fi
At Cape Cod Hospital:
- Private rooms with private baths and couches that open into beds to accommodate overnight guests
- Flat screen TVs in each room with interactive services, allowing patients to order specific programming and receive education on various topics
At Falmouth Hospital:
- Three rooms provide couches that open into beds to accommodate overnight guests
- All efforts are made to place patients in private room
- Flat screen TVs in each room
Find out more about preparing for and recovering from surgery in Surgical Services.