Healthy kidney function is necessary for a healthy, active life. The kidneys filter blood and remove waste as urine. But genetic conditions, injuries and certain medications can keep these organs from performing effectively.
When kidneys are damaged, waste can build up in the body and cause health problems such as kidney stones, infections, tumors, chronic kidney disease or kidney failure.
Specialized Treatment for Kidneys
Cape Cod Healthcare offers specialized care for kidneys. Our experienced nephrologists treat a wide range of kidney conditions and can help you prevent kidney disease.
Our services include:
- Kidney (renal) disease screening and diagnosis
- Lithotripsy (using sound waves to break up kidney stones)
- Surgery to remove part or all of a kidney
- Surgery to clear obstructions from the kidney to the bladder
- Dialysis (inpatient and home-based)
Dialysis allows you to live better with end-stage kidney disease, Although nothing can completely replace the function of a human kidney, dialysis is your next best option for maintaining life and health. Our nephrologists can discuss inpatient or at-home dialysis treatment options with you.