Visitation & Accompaniment Policy
At Cape Cod Healthcare, we are committed to the continued safety of our patients and staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, and have updated our visitation policy for non-COVID-19 patients.
Effective November 30, 2020, no patient visitation will be permitted at CCHC facilities.
- END of LIFE: Two (2) visitors will be allowed. The visitor(s) will be screened for symptoms of respiratory illness per hospital policy and be required to wear a mask
- Labor and Delivery: One (1) support person (same person for duration of stay) will be allowed. The support person will be screened for symptoms of respiratory illness per hospital policy and required to wear a mask.
- Accompaniment: In those situations where it is of benefit to either the patient or the provider for the patient to have either a caregiver or family member accompany them to the facility, the visitor (one only) will be allowed. The visitor will be screened for symptoms of respiratory illness and fever per hospital policy and be required to wear a mask at all times. When the visitor is not able to physically be with the patient (during actual procedure time, etc.) the visitor may be asked to wait outside of the facility or in a specified waiting area depending on social distancing guideline (providing a cell phone number) and will be contacted to return when the patient is ready.
Examples of these situations include but are not limited to:
- A minor accompanied by a parent or guardian
- A person with cognitive impairment, memory impairment or dementia accompanied by a caregiver
- A person with limited mobility accompanied by an attendant/caregiver
- A person with anxiety or phobia regarding their visit/procedure
- A person whom the provider deems necessary for the patients care and safety
Please note: There will be NO visitors for COVID-19 positive patients
Please note: There will be NO visitors under the age of 18
Applicable CCHC facilities include:
- Cape Cod Hospital
- Falmouth Hospital
- Visiting Nurse Association of Cape Cod
- CCHC Laboratory Services
- Bourne Outpatient Center
- Fontaine Outpatient Center
- Rogers Outpatient Center
- Stoneman Outpatient Center
- Wilkens Outpatient Medical Complex
- Oppenheim Medical Building
- Strawberry Hill Medical Building
- Clark Cancer Center
- Davenport Mugar Cancer Center
- Heritage at Falmouth
- JML Care Center
- Centers for Behavioral Health
- Medical Affiliates of Cape Cod
The intent of our visitation policy is to protect the health and safety of our patients and staff. Thank you for helping to keep our community safe.