Safe. Ready. Here for You.
Resuming care in accordance with state guidelines
As of May 19, 2020, Cape Cod Healthcare has met state attestation guidelines to resume clinical care services in accordance with first phase of the state’s comprehensive plan for Reopening Massachusetts. This is welcomed news for patients on Cape Cod who may have had to defer care due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Following state guidelines, a limited set of in-person services will resume, including:
- High-priority preventative services including pediatric care, immunizations and screenings for at risk patients
- Urgent procedures for conditions that, if left untreated, would lead to high risk or significant worsening of the patient’s condition, based on the provider’s clinical judgment
Please see the Massachusetts Department of Public Health Acute Care Hospital Phase 1 Reopen Attestation [PDF] for Cape Cod Healthcare for documentation of compliance.
Contact your doctor for guidance
Cape Cod Healthcare patients who have a surgery, test or procedure that has been delayed, should contact their clinical care provider who will use their clinical judgment to determine if a procedure or service should be done in-person in the immediate future. Cape Cod Healthcare physicians will be prioritizing the scheduling of non-emergent, in-person cases according to state guidelines. In addition, Cape Cod Healthcare will continue to offer telehealth services to patients whenever possible.
We continue to strongly encourage patient to seek medical care for any urgent healthcare needs as we have seen patients in need of serious medical attention who have waited too long to visit our hospital. Our healthcare facilities and hospitals are safe, and our staff are prepared to address your needs. If you have a question, please contact your provider and see our additional information about Getting Care During COVID-19.
Safety protocols in place
Cape Cod Healthcare has met the required state guidelines to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. Here’s what you should expect to see if you visit a Cape Cod Healthcare hospital or facility:
- Use of masks and face coverings by everyone in the facility
- Screening of possible COVID-19 symptoms for all incoming patients
- Separate care zones for COVID and non-COVID care
- Social distancing measures in waiting rooms and other areas
- Frequent cleanings and disinfecting
- Continued restrictions for hospital visitors
The state will evaluate when this limited roll out can be safely modified to expand services in the subsequent phases of Reopening Massachusetts, to include services such as broader, in-person preventive care.