Whether you're a Cape Cod Healthcare patient, family member or employee, you benefit from our infectious disease and public health specialists who help prevent illnesses and promote best practices for a healthy community. The infectious disease specialists at Cape Cod Healthcare take a multidisciplinary approach to infection prevention, combining medicine, nursing, social work and nutrition to deliver comprehensive care.
Infectious Disease Services
Patients and their families can find compassionate services and support for a wide range of needs right here on Cape Cod.
Infectious Disease Consultations – Inpatient & Outpatient
- Tick-borne diseases, including Lyme disease, babesiosis and ehrlichiosis
- Antibiotic usage
- General infectious diseases
- HIV/AIDS and viral hepatitis
Hepatitis Disease Management
- Evaluation and treatment of Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C
- Medical case management by a registered nurse
- Education and support
HIV Disease Management
Counseling, Testing & Referral (CTR)
- Free confidential HIV and viral hepatitis testing and counseling services
- Sexually transmitted infections (STI) screening and referral
Our Commitment to Individual & Community Health
At Cape Cod Healthcare we are committed to ensuring strict adherence to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines while helping maintain a safe hospital and clinic environment for patients and visitors concerning infectious conditions and possible outbreaks.
Additionally, when considering public health and wellness, our specific goals include:
- Provide exceptional infectious disease management services consistent with the latest standards of care for HIV, viral hepatitis, Lyme disease and other infections
- Serve as a patient and community educational resource for infectious disease concerns
- Promote the early identification and treatment of HIV/AIDS and viral hepatitis through increased community awareness and improved access to confidential testing services