Specialized Pediatric Hospitalist Medicine on Cape Cod
Cape Cod Healthcare is proud to partner with Boston’s Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center to provide around-the-clock inpatient pediatric care for children on Cape Cod. At Cape Cod Healthcare, faculty from Floating Hospital serve as pediatric hospitalists, who are specially trained in the management of pediatric patients while they are in the hospital.
The role of a pediatric hospitalist includes:
- Providing specialized care for hospitalized infants, children, and adolescents
- Supervising and coordinating all areas of your child's treatment during his or her stay
- Consulting in the Emergency Rooms on pediatric patients
How Does a Pediatric Hospitalist Program Benefit My Child?
In general, having a pediatric hospitalist on staff results in more one on one attention, shorter lengths of stay for your child, and better outcomes.
Additionally, because of our relationships with pediatric specialists in Boston our hospitalist team is able to collaborate with a large network of physicians to assist us in specialized care and answer any questions we may have at any time. If your child already has a specialist in Boston, we often discuss your case with them to obtain their guidance and advice throughout your child's stay.
What Happens at Discharge?
We will discuss discharge goals and plans early during your child's hospital stay. Discharge plans for pediatric patients consist of:
- Ongoing and prompt communication regarding the discharge timeline so that you have the resources needed to plan your child's return home
- When your child is ready for discharge, we will provide you with all prescriptions for the medicines your child needs to take home
- You should arrange to see your Primary Care Provider and any other specialists in the recommended time for follow up care
- A discharge summary will be sent to your child's Primary Care Provider