Complementary Therapies & Support
Only Cape Cod Healthcare VNA Hospice offers unique complementary services to help ease various physical and emotional concerns during their care.
- Aromatherapy - a holistic therapy using essential essences to help calm and comfort patients
- Reiki - a hands-on therapy designed to address the needs of the mind, body and spirit
- Music therapy - provided by a board-certified music therapist, it provides comfort and joy to patients and families and can help with pain, anxiety and emotional discomfort
- Pet Therapy - with specially trained dogs to help bring comfort, ease loneliness and boredom and bring back wonderful memories for people
- “Telling Our Stories” program - recording our patients’ life stories and providing a CD for future generations to treasure
Our goal is to offer and enhance your quality of life and provide the comfort care that adds dignity to the lives of the dying and their families, and to assist the survivors with spiritual and bereavement needs to assure their wellbeing.
Cape Cod Healthcare VNA Hospice offers a variety of free, supportive and educational services for adults and children coping with the loss of a loved one. These services are open to anyone in the community, including support for:
- Individuals and Families
- Telephone support and regular mailings
- Support Groups
- Community Outreach and Education
- Information and referrals to other resources