If you have had a heart attack or cardiovascular surgery, your doctor will likely recommend cardiac rehabilitation to help you get back to your daily life.
Cape Cod Healthcare’s 12-week Cardiac Rehabilitation program is part of our continuum of care, following you from diagnosis through recovery. Our program is designed to help you regain your strength and learn how to manage your heart health in the future. Our goal is for patients to finish cardiac rehab feeling better and in better physical shape than they were prior to surgery.
The Way to Recovery
The cardiac rehab program is led by our rehab specialists with guidance from your cardiologist and cardiac nurses. It includes:
- A customized exercise program that may involve walking on treadmills, riding stationary bikes and lifting weights
- Education classes to learn about medications, stress management and warning signs of future heart trouble
- Dietary guidance from a nutritionist
- Counseling in case of depression or anxiety
Throughout your rehab program, your heart rhythm, heart rate and blood pressure are carefully monitored for irregularities. Our compassionate rehab professionals are here to support you every step of the way. We also work with you on strategies and life skills to maintain your health going forward.
Cardiac Rehab Sites
Our locations can make cardiac rehabilitation convenient for you and your caregiver:
- Cardiac rehabilitation clinics at Falmouth Hospital and Cape Cod Hospital