Heart & Vascular Care
When you have been diagnosed with a cardiovascular problem, learn how Cape Cod Healthcare’s Heart and Vascular Institute provides the best heart care available anywhere in the state.
The expert cardiovascular team of the Heart and Vascular Institute provides the expertise and high-quality care, you’d expect from an academic medical center.
The CCHC Heart & Vascular Institute features:
- An exceptional level of care with outcomes that compare to the best in the country.
- The training and expertise of board-certified cardiac and vascular physicians combined with the full resources of Cape Cod Healthcare, including Cape Cod Hospital and Falmouth Hospital, and the Visiting Nurse Association of Cape Cod.
- Skilled cardiovascular physician specialists working together to coordinate patient care.
- Outstanding physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, technicians and staff.
- The latest research, screening and education resources.
- A continuum of care with seamless diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care.
Services and Treatment
Our comprehensive services include:
Minimally Invasive Treatments
The Heart and Vascular Institute performs advanced, minimally invasive treatments that can provide great outcomes while reducing recovery time for qualified patients.
Cape Cod Healthcare provides seamless heart attack care, including some of the fastest door-to-angioplasty treatment in the state. We are dedicated to heart disease prevention and education, including participation in clinical trials.
Cardiovascular Quality You Can Measure
Our commitment to comprehensive, high-quality care is evident throughout Cape Cod Healthcare:
- We are recognized by the American College of Cardiology, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and other agencies for excellence in lifesaving cardiac care.
- We have some of the fastest “door-to-balloon times” in the state and the nation, meaning if you arrive in one of our emergency rooms, you could be receiving treatment in our catherization lab as soon as 12 minutes. This translates to higher survival rates and less damage following a heart attack.
- Cape Cod Hospital is one of just 17 hospitals in the country with 30-day heart attack mortality rates that are better than the national average.
- Our cardiac surgery program is affiliated with Brigham and Women’s Hospital, where many of our cardiac specialists trained.
- Our dedicated cardiac surgical suites are equipped with the latest technology and our adjoining cardiovascular intensive care unit has one-on-one patient care following surgery.
Our quality measures equal or exceed those of larger academic institutions in Boston and across the nation. You can view our quality scores as reported by Hospital Compare from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).