Support and Survivorship
When you’re fighting cancer, personal support gives you strength and helps you heal. The survivorship program at Cape Cod Healthcare provides emotional and psychological support to you and your family, while helping you to plan for a life beyond cancer. We offer a variety of classes and support group opportunities for cancer survivors and their loved ones.
Help for Cape Cod Patients & Families
At Cape Cod Healthcare we make our support services available to you from the moment you’ve been diagnosed with cancer. Some of the ways we may help include:
- Individual counseling
- Education about cancer
- Guidance on nutrition and fitness, including our Oncology Nutrition Program
- Information about complementary and alternative medicine, including services offered free-of-charge through Cape Wellness Collaborative
- Connection with cancer survivors, support groups and community resources
- Rehabilitation services
- Programs and resources through the American Cancer Society
Our services don’t end when treatment does. You can count on our compassionate team for support with post-treatment services, guidance on managing the risk of second cancers and resources for leading a full and healthy life.
Social Workers for Personal Support
Our social workers are here to help with:
- Health insurance coverage questions and approvals
- Medication programs
- Disability and family leave procedures
- Counseling and crisis intervention services
- Transportation to and from the hospital
We also work closely with the Visiting Nurse Association of Cape Cod to identify home health and other support services, as needed.
Learn More About Support and Survivorship
For additional information about Cape Cod Healthcare’s robust support and survivorship offerings, please call the Davenport Mugar Cancer Center at 508-771-1800.