Support and Survivorship
When you’re fighting cancer, personal support gives you strength and helps you heal. The survivorship program at Cape Cod Healthcare provides emotional and psychological support to you and your family, while helping you to plan for a life beyond cancer. We offer a variety of classes and support group opportunities for cancer survivors and their loved ones.
Help for Cape Cod Patients & Families
At Cape Cod Healthcare we make our support services available to you from the moment you’ve been diagnosed with cancer. Some of the ways we may help include:
Our services don’t end when treatment does. You can count on our compassionate team for support with post-treatment services, guidance on managing the risk of second cancers and resources for leading a full and healthy life.
Social Workers for Personal Support
Our social workers are here to help with:
- Health insurance coverage questions and approvals
- Medication programs
- Disability and family leave procedures
- Counseling and crisis intervention services
- Transportation to and from the hospital
We also work closely with the Visiting Nurse Association of Cape Cod to identify home health and other support services, as needed.
We also provide Support and Survivorship events, including:
- Caring for a Loved One with Cancer
- Breast Cancer Support - Cape Cod Hospital
- Oral, Head and Neck Cancer support
- Cape Cancer Fighters - Women's Support Group
- Seifer Women's Health and Imaging Center Breast Cancer Support
- Evening Breast Cancer Support Group - Cape Cod Hospital
- Leukemia and Lymphona Society - Cape Cod Family Support
- Sisters in Strength Gynecologic Cancer Support
- Living Fit for You! Cancer Wellness Program
- Water Pals - Brewster
Learn More About Support and Survivorship
For additional information about Cape Cod Healthcare’s robust support and survivorship offerings, please call the Davenport Mugar Cancer Center at 508-862-5300.