Neurologists specialize in the anatomy, function and disorders of the nervous system - brain, spine and nervous system. They also diagnose and treat some conditions in the musculoskeletal system, including epilepsy and movement disorders, such as Parkinson's disease.
Our staff of neurologists works closely with primary care providers and other specialists within the Cape Cod Healthcare system to collaborate in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with neurological conditions.
What To Expect
When you choose us for care, you will benefit from:
- A thorough examination of neurological health, reviewing memory and speech, strength, sensation, coordination, walking and deep tendon reflexes.
- Comprehensive neurological diagnostic testing, using technologies like Electroencephalogram (EEG) – to evaluate seizure activity and Electromyogram testing- to evaluate nerve and muscle function.
- Therapeutic treatment for the spectrum of neurological disorders.
- Coordination of care and services for progressive and degenerative disorders like Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Advocacy for community-based resources to support patients and their caregivers for diseases like dementia.
Conditions We Treat
- Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia
- Stroke and transient ischemic attack (TIA)
- Parkinson’s disease, tremor and other movement disorders
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Restless leg syndrome
- Myopathy (muscle disorders)
- Myasthenia gravis
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Migraine and other headache disorders
- Epilepsy (seizure disorders)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Concussion and other brain injuries
Botox Injections for Neurological Disorders
While Botox may be better known as a tool for cosmetic surgeons, there are some neurological conditions that are treated very effectively by botulinum toxin including: