Emergency Services at Falmouth Hospital
Yawkey Emergency Center at Falmouth Hospital offers our community everything you need when it comes to superior emergency services right at home. Boasting new, modern, state-of-the-art design elements, you’ll receive customized care based on the level of service needed, severity of your condition, age and medical specialty involved.
Advanced Technology, Innovative Design
The Yawkey Emergency Center at Falmouth Hospital debuted its expansion in early 2015 and now includes a total of 24,000 square feet, 33 private patient rooms and 40 beds overall. The Yawkey EC features:
- Innovative design elements such as abundant natural light, soothing colors and a reduction in highly reflective surfaces.
- Customized patient care based on the level of service needed, severity of condition, age of patient or specialty involved.
- Able to accommodate changes in patient volumes by flexing clinical spaces up or down.
- A racecourse design with clinical spaces in the center and patient rooms on the perimeter.
- Slip-resistant floors and other geriatric-friendly aspects to care for our large elderly patient population.
The Yawkey Emergency Center was made possible in part by the Yawkey Foundation, which donated $3 million to the Cape Cod Healthcare Emergency Centers Campaign for Falmouth Hospital and Cape Cod Hospital. Among the other donors to the new Center are the Falmouth Hospital Auxiliary, the Lyndon Paul Lorusso Charitable Foundation and an anonymous donor, all of whom donated $1 million to the project.