RN Residency and Transition Program
Cape Cod Healthcare offers a RN Residency and Transition Program for registered nurses in need of acute care experience. Start your career with us in acute care nursing and then consider additional training opportunities for the operating room, emergency department, critical care and maternity.
How it works
- 12-week, paid program that qualifies you as a temporary employee.
- Residency cohorts start in January, April and September
- 32 hours a week - includes classroom work, observing patient care and preceptorships in nursing units
- Day shifts the first eight weeks (7 a.m. to 3 p.m.), then two weeks on evenings (3 p.m. to 11 pm.) and two weeks on nights (11 p.m. to 7 a.m.)
- Potential for regular employment at Cape Cod Hospital or Falmouth Hospital after successful completion of this program.
- Recent graduates with a degree in nursing
- Registered nurses who have bachelor’s degrees with sub-acute care experience
- RNs who can work nights and weekends during the program AND IF regular employment offered.
How to apply
- Graduate with your nursing degree and pass your board exams
- Apply to the RN Residency & Transition Program
- If you are selected as a candidate, you will be contacted by the Human Resources Department to set up an interview.