FY2017-2019 Community Benefits Priorities
The Community Health Committee, a subcommittee of the Board of Trustees of Cape Cod Healthcare, provides oversight and input to annual planning and implementation of key initiatives. Community Benefits staff ensures that annual plans, priorities, goals and activities comply with Mass Attorney General (AG) Guidelines, Medicare guidelines and IRS requirements.
The health priorities, target populations and implementation strategies identified in the 2017-2019 Community Health Needs Assessment and Implementation Plan [pdf] guide all CCHC Community Benefits program activities and initiatives. All activities align with the following CCHC Community Benefits FY2017–FY2019 priorities:
- Improve chronic and infectious disease prevention and management to meet the growing needs of an aging and at-risk population.
- Strengthen regional health services and community resources for individuals with mental health conditions, substance use, co-occurring disorders, and comorbidities.
- Reduce barriers to care and strengthen the regional health safety net for vulnerable populations.
- Improve the health and disease prevention of all residents of Barnstable County and sustain the wellness of seniors and caregivers.
- Support regional health efforts through direct grant funding and a competitive RFP grants program with funding guidelines that are aligned with Community Benefits priorities.
- Maintain and develop community leadership opportunities to improve the health status of the residents of Barnstable County including participation with the Community Health Area Network (CHNA 27) Steering Committee, Behavioral Health Provider Coalition of Cape Cod & the Islands, the Barnstable County Human Services Advisory Council, and the Barnstable County Regional Substance Use Council.