CCHC Among Big Winners of Annual NESHCo Awards
(Hyannis, May 22, 2012) Cape Cod Healthcare was among the big winners at the New England Society for Healthcare Communications (NESHCo) annual Lamplighter Awards dinner Thursday, May 18. The dinner honors hospitals, agencies and healthcare facilities for excellence in marketing, public relations and communications.
Cape Cod Healthcare was honored with nine awards, including the following categories:
• Excellence in writing – Communications Director Robin Lord won the prestigious Owen J. McNamara Excellence in Writing Award for her article titled, The Value of Working Together - The PO and PHO reach their one year anniversary. “You were able to take a challenging topic and communicate it in a way that your audiences could understand,” commented one of the judges. The award is a tribute to the late Owen J. McNamara, a NESHCo member who, in his career as a newspaper reporter and editor, senior public affairs manager at Boston University's medical center and author, set the standard for clear, concise yet elegant writing that recognized the audience and context.
• Total Advertising Campaign – “We’re Taking Good Care of You”
• Print Advertising Campaign – “We’re Taking Good Care of You”
• Radio Advertising Campaign – “We’re Taking Good Care of You”
• Special Events – Holiday Blood Drive
• Publication, Special Purpose – CCHC Orthopedics Pre-Op binder
• Internal Communications – CONEXT, IT platform
"The Lamplighter Awards are the signature event that recognizes the best and brightest public relations, marketing and communications work from healthcare organizations throughout New England,” said Lee Reynolds Crouch, APR, president of NESHCo. “Once again this year, our entrants display their vast range of creative and visionary skills all while ensuring their work had measurable impact.”
The 2012 competition included 300 entries from more than 85 or organizations throughout New England. Cape Cod Healthcare was in the Top Ten in terms of most awards won. Entries were judged by the Carolinas Healthcare Public Relations & Marketing Society.
About Cape Cod Healthcare
Cape Cod Healthcare – one of America’s Top Ten health care systems – is the leading provider of health care services for residents and visitors of Cape Cod. With more than 450 physicians, 4,500 employees and 1,100 volunteers, Cape Cod Healthcare has two acute care hospitals, the Cape’s leading provider of homecare and hospice services (VNA), a skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility, an assisted living facility and numerous health programs. For more information, visit Cape Cod Healthcare’s web site at www.capecodhealth.org. Cape Cod Healthcare. We’re taking good care of you.
For four decades, NESHCo has served as the region’s premier professional development organization for communication professionals working in the healthcare industry. The Society is composed of nearly 300 members throughout New England. For more information, visit www.neshco.org.
Find a Physician
construction that will enhance
patient access to vital services.
Americans have seasonal
Therapy Program at
Cape Cod Hospital
27 Park Street
Hyannis MA 02601
100 Ter Heun Drive
Falmouth, MA 02540