Program Overview: Total Joint Center
Total Joint Center
Advanced Orthopedic Care
Cape Cod Hospital’s Total Joint Center offers a multi-disciplinary approach to orthopedic care and treatment.
- Our talented orthopedic surgeons are all board-certified and have trained at some of the best medical schools in the U.S.
- Our nurses are specifically trained in orthopedics, and many have Orthopedic Nurse Certification (ONC) credentials.
- The technology we use has evolved and techniques have been refined, resulting in smaller incisions, less pain and faster recovery times.
- Patients receive individualized Care Maps, or Clinical Pathways, designed by their physician, which include specialized nursing care, inpatient rehabilitation and promote family involvement.
- You will recover in large, well-designed private rooms in the stunning, state-of- the-art Mugar Building at Cape Cod Hospital. Each room features telemetry for patient monitoring and hydraulic lifts to help you move safety during your recovery
Knee and hip pain can deprive many people of the normal activities of daily life. Simple things like walking become difficult, if not impossible. Diet, exercise and medications may help alleviate pain and discomfort. When they no longer work, it may be time to consider joint replacement surgery.
A Comprehensive, Caring Team
Cape Cod Hospital’s Total Joint Center offers a multi-disciplinary, caring team. Our highly-skilled surgeons, and dedicated nurses, therapists and technicians work together on an individualized Care Map specifically designed to achieve the best outcome for you. You will be cared for by nurses and staff specially trained in the comprehensive medical care needed for patients undergoing total joint replacement, on a state-of-the-art orthopedic floor at Cape Cod Hospital.
Environment of Care
Cape Cod Hospital’s orthopedic floor in the Mugar Building was designed to create a healing environment that enhances your recovery process during your three-or- four-day stay.
Each private room has a private bath, a staff-work area, and a separate area for family members. Couches that open into beds can accommodate guests who stay overnight to support you in your recovery.
The rooms also feature flat screen TVs with interactive service where patients can order specific programming and services, receive education on a variety of topics and rate their level of care while at the hospital.
Our “At-Your-Service” room service program is available to all patients who are able to participate from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. daily. Other services include:
- Newspapers and magazines
- Wi-Fi service
- Fresh flowers
- Going Home amenity totebag
- Going Home exercise and wellness tips
Emphasis on Education
Well-educated patients are more likely to have better outcomes. Cape Cod Hospital’s Total Joint Center places a high priority on making sure you and your family are well-informed each step of the way. Our innovative program includes:
- FREE community seminars
- Videos/DVDs that explain procedures
- Total Joint Replacement classes
- Wall displays and other printed materials that answer frequently-asked questions
- Patient guidebooks
- Hip or knee replacement newsletters
- HomeWork® kits with exercises and advice after discharge
- Special meal selections
Cape Cod Hospital’s Total Joint Center includes expert post-hospital or post-acute care and treatment either in a rehabilitation facility,* or at home with the Visiting Nurse Association of Cape Cod.
Our approach emphasizes wellness and begins from the moment you decide to have this procedure until you have recovered in your own home. You will have everything you need to get back to your active lifestyle.
Total Joint Center
27 Park Street • Hyannis, MA 02601
Program Information: 1-877-227-3263
Find a Physician
construction that will enhance
patient access to vital services.
Americans have seasonal
Therapy Program at
Cape Cod Hospital
27 Park Street
Hyannis MA 02601
100 Ter Heun Drive
Falmouth, MA 02540