Care management promotes the delivery of high-quality patient care in the most cost-effective manner by managing the utilization of health care resources to produce the best outcome possible.
Care management enhances the coordination of hospital services to efficiently manage the delivery of patient care in a given time frame.
Care management strives to improve the continuity of patient care and information providing one contact person for patients, families, physicians and healthcare staff.
Care management facilitates referrals to:
- Rehabilitation Facilities
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Home Care Agencies
- Community Agencies
- works with your physician and other healthcare clinicians to assure quality care is provided to you during your hospitalization
- works with you, your significant other and your physician to develop a plan of care to meet your healthcare needs upon discharge
- works with you to identify available financial resources to meet your healthcare needs
- provides social work consultation to help you, your family or significant other to cope with the stress of illness.