Get to Know Falmouth Hospital
We are committed to coordinating and delivering the highest quality, accessible healthcare services that enhance the health of all Cape Cod residents and visitors.
Major service areas include:
A state-of-the-art cardiac catheterization lab featuring the latest cardiac imaging technology.
- The latest diagnostic imaging technology, including CT Scan and MRI
- One of the state's best emergency departments, which treats over 40,000 visitors annually and is one of the busiest emergency centers in Massachusetts during the summer months. The emergency department features an innovative Clinical Decision Unit (CDU), designed to maximize comfort for patients undergoing prolonged evaluation and facilitate treatment without an overnight stay.
In addition, Falmouth Hospital is also a state-designated Primary Stroke Service Hospital, assuring that acute stroke patients have access to emergency diagnostic and therapeutic services provided by a multidisciplinary team around-the-clock, seven days a week. The hospital, known for its involvement in the communities it serves, also features a number of additional, highly-rated programs and services.
Falmouth Hospital Fact Sheet
The hospital has steadily expanded its programs and services, particularly over the past 20 years, in an effort to keep pace with the health care needs of the rapidly growing Upper Cape community.
- A state-of-the-art cardiac catheterization lab houses a radiology and imaging suite and is equipped with the latest cardiac imaging technology. This high level of technology provides cardiologists at Falmouth with comprehensive and accurate data on heart disease, which will aid in diagnosis and decisions on how to best treat problems.
- Other major physical changes taking place in the hospital have included the expansion of the emergency department and the x-ray and laboratory departments in 1977; the construction of a new wing housing a 10-bed intensive care/coronary unit and four operating suites in 1983; and the construction of the Constance B. Faxon Outpatient Surgery and Maternity Center in 1996.
- The hospital has expanded its medical staff by 45 percent in the past four years. The medical staff is now comprised of 62 primary care physicians and more than 140 specialists; over 90 percent of the medical staff is board certified.
- The hospital achieved superior patient satisfaction ratings in a recent national survey in both the maternity and surgery units for physical comfort and respect for patient preferences.
Falmouth Hospital is supported by the philanthropy of the communities we serve through the Cape Cod Healthcare Foundation and the Falmouth Hospital Auxiliary.
The Falmouth Hospital directory can be found here.