Blood Donor Services
Give the gift of life.
Donating blood is an easy, quick, safe way to save a life. Blood is needed each and every day on Cape Cod. Approximately 39,000 units of blood a day are required in hospitals and emergency treatment facilities.The blood collected at CCHC blood drives stays on Cape Cod and is used to treat people here. One pint of blood can be used to help treat as many as three people.
- About one in every seven people entering a hospital is in need of blood.
- Cape Cod Hospital performs more than 7,000 blood transfusions each year. Falmouth Hospital performs more than 3,000 transfusions per year.
- Blood products are used for elective and emergency surgery, anemia, bleeding disorders and for massive blood loss due to trauma.
- Red blood cells have a shelf life of just 35 days, so they must constantly be replenished.
- One pint of blood can save up to three lives, and there is no substitute for human blood.
Find a Blood Drive
Give blood for Cape Cod at a location near you. Click the button to see upcoming blood drives.
Host a Blood Drive
Click the button below and fill out a simple form. We will handle the rest, from start to finish.
Blood Drive Hosting Toolkit
Cape Cod Healthcare will provide everything for the Blood Drive. Download materials to help make your blood drive a success.