The VNA of Cape Cod's physical therapy program is directed by licensed physical therapists who are assisted by licensed physical therapy assistants. Our program promotes independence and enhances patient's self-care skills. Our staff plans and conducts home exercise/therapy programs to help patients function safely and independently in their homes.
Standard therapies include:
- Improving circulation and range of motion
- Heat and cold applications
- Muscle strengthening
- Mobility and endurance training
The VNA's occupational therapy program is directed by a registered occupational therapist, who is assisted by certified occupational therapy assistants. Our services help patients who have experienced a loss of functioning in daily activities.
Our program promotes independence and enhances patients' self-care skills through improvement of:
- Motor coordination
- Perceptual motor skills
- Visual and sensory skills
- Range of motion and strength
- Cognitive retention
- Use of adaptive equipment
Our speech language therapists are specially trained to help patients regain their oral motor function and ability to communicate.
Our staff helps patients:
- Work with voice problems
- Understand oral and written language
- Improve memory and cognitive problem solving
- Work with solving problems