Speech and Language Pathology and Swallow Therapy
For more information on services at Cape Cod Healthcare, call our Access Line at 877-CAPECOD or email us today.
Speech and Language Pathology and Swallow Therapy treat difficulty with speech, social communication and language processing, as well as swallowing difficulties which may follow surgery, stroke or injury.
Therapists evaluate and develop personalized treatment plans to address the following:
- Difficulty producing speech sounds correctly or fluently, including stuttering or problems with voice.
- Difficulty understanding others or expressing thoughts to others via language.
- Challenges with the social use of verbal and nonverbal communication.
- Cognitive-communication challenges: organizing thoughts, paying attention, remembering, planning, and/or problem-solving.
- Swallowing disorders (dysphagia)
Services are offered in both Hyannis and Falmouth and the Falmouth program provides LSVT, Lee Wilverman Voice Therapy, designed to aid patients with Parkinson's Disease.
Speech and Language Pathology