Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
For more information or for help finding a physician, call our Access Line at 877-CAPECOD or email us today.
Oral and maxillofacial surgeons treat diseases and deformities of the mouth, teeth and jaws. Both Falmouth Hospital and Cape Cod Hospital offer this dental specialty with a full scope of services from the simple to the complex.
Oral Surgical Services
Our board-certified surgeons are skilled in the treatment of a wide range of conditions, with services including:
- Facial fracture repair from car accidents, sports injuries and blunt trauma
- Corrective jaw surgery - for functional and aesthetic reasons
- Reconstructive surgeries
- For bone loss due to cancer
- To relieve pain from TMJ (temporomandibular joint) syndrome
- Complex extractions
- Pre-prosthetic surgery for dentures
Surgical Advances for Better Outcomes
With state-of-the-art equipment, technology and anesthesia techniques, complicated oral procedures can often be performed on an outpatient basis with less pain and faster recovery for patients. Our labs, pathologists and medical doctors all work together to provide the safest and best possible care.
Learn more about general dentistry at Cape Cod Healthcare. Find information on dental conditions and procedures in our online Health Library.