Your kidneys filter blood and remove waste as urine. But genetic conditions, injuries and certain medications can keep these organs from fully doing their job. When kidneys are damaged, waste can build up in the body and cause health problems such as kidney stones, infections, tumors, chronic kidney disease or kidney failure.
Specialized Treatment for Kidneys
Cape Cod Healthcare offers specialized care for kidneys. Our experienced nephrologists treat a wide range of kidney conditions and can help you prevent kidney disease. Our services include:
- Kidney (renal) disease screening and diagnosis
- Lithotripsy (using sound waves to break up kidney stones
- To remove part or all of a kidney
- To clear obstructions from the kidney to the bladder
- Dialysis (inpatient and home-based)
Get in-depth information on kidney conditions and treatment in our online Health Library:
Other sources of reliable information include:
For more information or for help finding a physician, call our Access Line at 877-CAPECOD or email us today.