Floating Hospital for Children
Cape Cod Healthcare is proud to partner with Boston’s Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center to provide around-the-clock inpatient pediatric care for children on Cape Cod. At Cape Cod Healthcare’s Hyannis campus, faculty from Floating Hospital serve as pediatric hospitalists, physicians who are specially trained in the management of patients while they are in the hospital.
What does our partnership mean to you?
- You enjoy the convenience of seeing Floating Hospital hospitalists closer to home while still benefiting from the latest medical advancements and technologies offered by an academic medical center.
- Your child, from the youngest newborns through early adulthood, will have dedicated doctors from a renowned Boston pediatric teaching hospital overseeing their care twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
- Cape Cod Healthcare’s talented physicians and clinical staff can consult with Floating Hospital physicians to enhance your child’s care.
- If your child has a particularly complex case, he or she can be quickly and easily transferred to Floating Hospital for highly-specialized care.
Cape Cod Hospital works with Floating Hospital to provide the following services:
- Emergency Care: In an emergency, you can rest assured that your child will receive the best care from pediatric emergency hospitalists who actively consult with medical staff in the Emergency Department.
- Hospitalists: Floating Hospital hospitalists oversee and direct all aspects of your child's daily care. These skilled pediatric physicians serve as the vital link between families, nursing staff, other doctors and the referring pediatrician to ensure a smooth transition back home and to school.
- Newborn Care: Pediatric hospitalists at Cape Cod Hospital perform regular rotations at Floating Hospital’s neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) in Boston, remaining close to the leading edge of pediatric care. Hospitalists’ experience in the NICU add an additional layer of expertise at Cape Cod Hospital’s busy nursery.
Faculty also have access to network-wide quality improvement initiatives and the opportunity to engage with colleagues working at other community hospitals in Floating Hospital’s network.
About Floating Hospital for Children
Floating Hospital for Children, with 94 beds, has a long history of providing high-quality, innovative care, dating back to its days as a hospital ship in Boston Harbor in the late 1800s. As part of Tufts Medical Center, a 415-bed academic medical center in downtown Boston, it is a regional referral center for complex and high-risk pediatric care, and the principal pediatric teaching hospital for Tufts University School of Medicine. Tufts Medical Center and Floating Hospital were recently honored with a five-star rating by United HealthSystem Consortium in its annual quality study, one of only 13 hospitals in the country to receive such a designation. Tufts Medical Center is affiliated with the New England Quality Care Alliance (NEQCA), a network of nearly 1,800 physicians throughout Eastern Massachusetts. Together with NEQCA and Lowell General Hospital, Tufts MC is part of Wellforce, a health system focused on innovations in care integration, population health management, access and operational excellence.
For more information, please visit www.floatinghospital.org