Foot Care & Surgery
For more information or for help finding a physician, call our Access Line at 877-CAPECOD or email us today.
Choose a podiatrist as the most qualified doctor to care for your feet. The podiatrists at Cape Cod Healthcare draw on their extensive training and experience to diagnose and treat foot and ankle problems and perform surgery.
Your feet are essential to your health and mobility. Our experts help relieve pain and restore function for a variety of injuries and conditions. We collaborate with specialists from multiple disciplines, such as wound healing, to provide you with customized care for:
- Bone infections, including osteomyelitis
- Cardiovascular disease
- Diabetic complications, such as diabetic ulcers
- Foot and ankle injuries, from toe sprains to foot fractures
- Muscle and tendon problems, such as plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendinopathy
- Nerve disorders, including neuromas
- Skin disorders, such as athlete’s foot, psoriasis, warts, calluses and corns
- Toe joint and toenail problems, like bunions, hammer toes and ingrown toenails
Treatment options vary widely, depending on the nature of the condition. Custom orthotics may relieve foot pain; medications can be used to treat certain skin disorders.
When surgery is required, many procedures benefit from technological advancements, such as endoscopic techniques for plantar fasciitis or neuromas. Procedures that use an endoscope—a thin lighted tube with a small video camera—require smaller incisions and result in a faster recovery. Traditional surgery is also an effective technique for many conditions.
Find in-depth information about podiatric conditions and treatment at the Foot Center in our online Health Library. Reliable information is also available from the American Podiatric Medical Association.