Continuum of Cardiac Care
For help finding a doctor or scheduling an appointment, call our Access Line at 877-CAPECOD or email us today.
Following a heart attack or cardiovascular surgery, your doctor will likely recommend rehabilitation to help you get back to your daily life. Cape Cod Healthcare’s 12-week Cardiac Rehabilitation program is part of our continuum of care, following you from diagnosis through recovery. Our program is designed to help you regain your strength and learn how to manage your heart health in the future. Many patients finish rehab at a higher level of performance than they had prior to surgery.
Cardiac Rehab—Supporting You On the Road to Recovery
The cardiac rehab program, led by our cardiac rehab specialists with guidance from your cardiologist and cardiac nurses, includes:
- A customized exercise program that may involve walking on treadmills, riding stationary bikes and lifting weights
- Education classes to learn about medications, stress management and warning signs of future heart trouble
- Dietary guidance from a nutritionist
- Access to a psychologist in case of depression or anxiety
You’ll take comfort knowing that throughout your rehab program, your heart rhythm, heart rate and blood pressure are carefully monitored for irregularities. Our compassionate rehab professionals are here to support you every step of the way. We also work with you on strategies and life skills for healthy mind and body going forward.
Heart Rehab Services
Our cardiovascular rehab services include:
- Cardiac rehabilitation at Falmouth Hospital (coming soon to Cape Cod Hospital)
- Outpatient rehabilitation – at convenient locations throughout the Cape
- Home rehabilitation through Visiting Nurse Association of Cape Cod
Learn more about all rehabilitation services available at Cape Cod Healthcare.
For more information on our cardiac rehabilitation services, call our Access Line at 877-CAPECOD or email us today.