Turn to the Regional Cancer Network for in-depth expertise and innovative treatment options for skin cancer.
Symptoms of Skin Cancer
Basal cell carcinoma is the most common form of skin cancer. Symptoms include:
- A sore that may crust, bleed or ooze for three weeks without healing
- A raised, red patch that may be itchy
- A shiny bump that can be pearl-like in appearance or, less often, dark in color, much like a mole
- A pink growth with a slightly raised border and dip in the middle
- A patch of skin that seems shiny and tight, much like a scar
How Skin Cancer is Diagnosed
Many cases of skin cancer are found during skin self-exams or during routine physicals. Your doctor will evaluate your skin growth and take a tissue sample, which will be sent to a laboratory to determine the presence and stage of cancer.
How Skin Cancer is Treated
At Cape Cod Healthcare, you’ll benefit from our extensive experience in treating skin cancer. Advanced treatment options include:
Our full range of therapies for cancer treatment include:
As you navigate cancer, you’re not alone. Cape Cod Healthcare offers a full range of support and survivorship services.
Find in-depth information about skin cancer, including basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma in our online Health Library.