Scholarship Opportunity for Upper Cape High School Students
Upper Cape high school students who will be pursuing a career in nursing are welcome to apply for the Susan M. Wing Nursing Scholarship Award.
One $1,000 scholarship is awarded each year. Applicants must submit an application by May 1, 2016, and must meet the following criteria:
- A resident and high school senior in the town of Bourne, Falmouth, Mashpee or Sandwich
- Accepted to a university or college nursing degree program
- Demonstrate a need for financial aid
- Complete a scholarship application
- Submit a copy of their high school transcript
- Submit two letters of reference
- Write an essay on why they are pursuing a nursing career
The scholarship was created by Falmouth Hospital and members of the Cape Cod Healthcare Senior Leadership Team in honor of long-time nurse and former Falmouth Hospital chief operating officer Susan M. Wing, who retired in 2012. She began her career at the hospital and over her time there was director of nursing, vice president of nursing, and vice president of clinical services. She was named chief operating officer in 1997 and served in that capacity until her retirement.
Sue’s compassionate care for patients throughout her career, as well as her commitment and devotion to Falmouth Hospital were an example for all who knew and worked with her.
To obtain a scholarship application, please contact Deborah Lauder, Executive Assistant, Cape Cod Healthcare, Inc., 27 Park Street, Hyannis, MA 02601.