Falmouth Hospital Medical Staff Announces Scholarship Opportunities for Area Students
The Falmouth Hospital Medical Staff is now accepting applications for its annual scholarship awards to area high school students. The FH Medical Staff will award four scholarships of $1,000 each to qualified students, as determined by the Medical Staff Scholarship Committee.
Since 2008, the FH Medical Staff has been awarding scholarships to students from the Upper Cape towns of Bourne, Falmouth, Mashpee and Sandwich who were pursuing their education in a clinical/medical field at a college or university. Since 2014, the opportunity now includes students who are pursuing education in any field, and to students accepted to a trade school.
To be eligible for one of the scholarships, you must:
- Be a high school senior who resides in Bourne, Falmouth, Mashpee or Sandwich
- Be accepted to a university, college or trade school
- Have a demonstrated need for financial aid
- Complete the scholarship application T
The scholarship application includes:
- An essay of no more than 500 words describing how FH or FH physicians have positively impacted your family and/or friends
- Your plans for financing your education and your need for the scholarship
- A copy of your high school transcript
- Two letters of reference from people with knowledge of such things as your scholastic achievement, community/volunteer activities, leadership qualities, and career potential. Family members and personal friends are excluded as references.
To obtain a scholarship application, please contact the Falmouth Hospital Administration Office at 508-457-3500. Completed applications must be received no later than May 1, 2016. Scholarships will be awarded in July 2016.