THERE'S A LEVEL JUST FOR YOU
Whether you walk fast or slow; whether you are young or old; whether you walk alone or with friends and family, the Healthy Parks, Healthy People program is designed for both fun and better health.
• bug repellent
You can plan on a supervised scheduled walk with National Seashore and Cape Cod Healthcare personnel, or take off on your own for an unsupervised walk. Either way, be sure to register for the Healthy Parks, Healthy People PASSPORT so you can record your performance and have your walks certified at base camps.
Supervised walks are scheduled Monday through Friday mornings between 7 am and 10 am at Salt Pond Visitor Center. There, you will have your blood pressure, height, weight and Body Mass Index (BMI) measured.
For the casual walker; if you only have a little time; or you want to begin building stamina for a sustainable walking program.
Healthy Parks, Healthy People Trails rated EASY are:
- Pilgrim Spring, North Truro
- Small’s Swamp, North Truro
- Beech Forest, Provincetown
Other National Seashore Trails rated EASY are:
- Fort Hill, Eastham
- Nauset Marsh Loop (a section of the longer Nauset Marsh-Coast Guard Beach trail)
- Doane Trail, Eastham
- Buttonbush Trail, Eastham
Healthy Parks, Healthy People Trails rated MODERATE are:
- Atlantic White Cedar Swamp Trail, Wellfleet
- Nauset Marsh Trail to and from Coast Guard Beach
Other National Seashore Trails rated MODERATE are:
- Red Maple Swamp, Eastham
- Pamet Cranberry Bog, Truro
- Other National Seashore Trail rated DIFFICULT is:
- Great Island, Wellfleet
For more details on the five Healthy Parks, Healthy People Trails, including easy-to-follow maps, see where section.
For more details about self-guided walks not part of this season’s supervised Healthy Parks, Healthy People program, self-guided walks section.