BASE CAMP FOR HEALTHY PARKS, HEALTHY PEOPLE
All summer and into the fall, Cape Cod Healthcare has established on-site base and mobile camps at Cape Cod National Seashore. Here, you will be able to:
- Learn about all five trails selected for walks – and receive maps and guides
- Have your blood pressure, height, weight and Body Mass Index (BMI) measured and registered by medical staff
- Receive valuable heart health information
- Register for the Healthy Parks, Healthy People program and receive a personal PASSPORT to record your walking performances, have them certified by staff and qualify for end-of-season rewards
- Learn about special walking tours supervised during the season by park rangers and Cape Cod Healthcare staff
SALT POND BASE CAMP
LOCATION: A Healthy Parks, Healthy People registration tent is located in front of the Salt Pond Visitor Center at the corner of Route 6 and Nauset Road in Eastham. It is the gateway to the 44,000-acre Cape Cod National Seashore. From here, walkers can enjoy the Nauset Marsh Trail’s loop or the longer trail to Coast Guard Beach and back.
TIMES: 8 am to 11 am every Monday through Friday. The season ends Thursday 10/15/15. Check back in the spring for program start date 2016. Note: The Healthy Parks, Healthy People base camp opens one hour prior to the Visitor Center.
Beech Forest Trail in Provincetown, Atlantic White Cedar Swamp Trail at Marconi Station Site and Pilgrim Spring/Small’s Swamp Trail in North Truro will offer mobile base camps which will be open once a week on a rotating basis. For a schedule of times, please visit the schedule section.