BASE CAMP FOR HEALTHY PARKS, HEALTHY PEOPLE
All summer and into the fall, Cape Cod Healthcare has established on-site base and mobile camps at Cape Cod National Seashore. Here, you will be able to:
- Learn about all five trails selected for walks – and receive maps and guides
- Have your blood pressure, height, weight and Body Mass Index (BMI) measured and registered by medical staff
- Receive valuable heart health information
- Register for the Healthy Parks, Healthy People program and receive a personal PASSPORT to record your walking performances, have them certified by staff and qualify for end-of-season rewards
- Learn about special walking tours supervised during the season by park rangers and Cape Cod Healthcare staff
SALT POND BASE CAMP
LOCATION: A Healthy Parks, Healthy People registration tent is located in front of the Salt Pond Visitor Center at the corner of Route 6 and Nauset Road in Eastham. It is the gateway to the 44,000-acre Cape Cod National Seashore. From here, walkers can enjoy the Nauset Marsh Trail’s loop or the longer trail to Coast Guard Beach and back.
TIMES: 8 am to 11 am every Monday through Friday. Note: The Healthy Parks, Healthy People base camp opens one hour prior to the Visitor Center.