FY2015 & FY2016 Community Benefits Priorities
Annual Community Benefits plans for Cape Cod Hospital, Falmouth Hospital and Cape Cod Healthcare align directly with the priorities, goals and objectives of the three-year Implementation Plan included in the 2014 - 2016 Cape Cod Hospital and Falmouth Hospital Community Health Needs Assessment Report.
An eleven-member Community Health Committee, a subcommittee of the Board of Trustees of Cape Cod Healthcare, provides oversight and input to annual planning and implementation of key initiatives. Community Benefits staff ensures that annual plans, priorities, goals and activities comply with Mass Attorney General (AG) Guidelines, Medicare guidelines and IRS requirements.
CCHC Community Benefits will focus efforts on the following objectives, health needs and target populations:
1. Chronic and Infectious Disease: Invest in initiatives, clinical programming, and community education and outreach aimed at the management and prevention of chronic and infectious disease.
2. Access to Care: Improve access to primary and specialty care for Cape Cod’s underserved and vulnerable populations through partnerships and support of community health centers, interpreter services, and health care enrollment efforts.
3. Mental Health: Promote education, coordination, and navigation of services targeted at individuals and families facing mental health issues.
4. Substance Abuse: Engage in collaborative efforts to support community-based substance abuse prevention and education efforts.
5. Youth and Senior Health: Support innovative and preventative health initiatives for the community with a specific focus on youth ages 15-24 years old and seniors over the age of 65.
6. Support regional health efforts through direct grant funding and a competitive RFP grants program open to all community organizations with programs aligned with Community Benefits priorities.
7. Maintain and develop community leadership opportunities to improve the health status of the residents of Barnstable County including participation with the Community Health Area Network (CHNA 27) Steering Committee, Behavioral Health Provider Coalition of Cape Cod & the Islands, the Barnstable County Human Services Advisory Council, and the Barnstable County Regional Substance Abuse Council.
8. Engage physicians, nurses and clinical staff throughout CCHC to inform and advise Community Benefits planning and program development.